My dog is a Young Living Essential Oil lover, and yes he does have his favorites and knows how to pick them out of my Aroma Complete case. Before I tell you his favorites I need to say first, the only essential oils that I would ever use on my dog and recommend are Young Living, the rest are just not good enough quality for us, lower quality absolutely does equate to causing problems and is a horrible idea and you’re looking for problems. In short, using other brands of essential oils on pets is irresponsible. I would never even consider using another brand for myself or my dog Bandit. Learn more: How to Become a Savvy Essential Oil Consumer
With that said, there are a few things one must know when using your Yong Living essential oils with dogs:
They’re smaller than us (usually) and as such require smaller amounts of essential oils. To dilute the essential oil I recommend using V-6 Massage Oil (just like I recommend for people).
- My dog is about 75 pounds, I mix about 4-7 drops of our chosen Young Living (YL) oil with one teaspoon of V-6.
- Some YL oils we use neat (meaning without V-6 as a carrier oil) those are: Lavender, Geranium, Deep Relief, Palo Santo (to kill and repel ticks), and Release.
Bandit doesn’t have any fear or anxiety issues so we have never used Peace & Calming. Most of the people I know who are YL oil lover’s and who have dog’s with fear and anxiety issues say Peace & Calming works wonders. Remember to use small amounts, usually 1-2 drops is plenty!
Remember, YL oils are NOT like the oils sold in stores, there are the real deal and they are extremely potent, as such 1-4 drops of any YL essential oil is usualy plenty depending upon the dogs size.
Veterinarian Dr. Mary Hess Pet First Aid Kit Recommendations
Veterinarian Dr. Mary Hess of Madison, Wisconsin, recommends that every pet owner carry an essential oil emergency kit for pets. Based on her experience as a veterinarian, Dr. Hess suggests these ten Young Living Essential Oil blends to keep pets feeling their best.
- Purification®: This blend is useful for external parasites such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- Thieves®: Perfect for attending to minor wounds, abrasions, and lacerations, Thieves is also utilized for addressing dental concerns. This blend is safe for kittens and puppies.
- Melrose™: When used in conjunction with R.C. and Raven, Melrose provides respiratory support. It can also be used on minor wounds, abrasions, and lacerations if Thieves cannot be tolerated.
- R.C.™: Ideal for respiratory and urinary tract support, R.C is practical for cats that require bladder fortification, which does not respond to conventional therapy. (It can be paired with Raven for added support.)
- Raven™: Also utilized for respiratory and urinary tract support, Raven is more powerful than R.C. and features essentials oils not found in the latter. Combined, the two oils are highly effective.
- Di-Gize™: The gastrointestinal system responds well to this blend. Nutmeg and ginger can be added for additional support.
- M-Grain™: Provides relief from head discomfort resulting from sinus pressure.
- PanAway®: With osteoarthritis common in older pets, PanAway is valuable for relieving discomfort and relaxing the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. This oil blend can be used alone or in addition to other essential oils that aid in general discomfort. Using a moist towel over the area increases the effectiveness of the oils.
- Relieve It™: Especially beneficial for relieving discomfort, Relieve It can be alternated with PanAway for a wider spectrum of relief.
- Peace & Calming®: If stress, fear, anxiety, or other similar conditions are present, Peace & Calming can be used to calm a pet. If the pet is injured, Peace & Calming can relax the animal enough to administer other treatments. This blend can also been used on cats who are resistant to other forms of treatment for urinary problems or excessive grooming resulting from stress.
Tip: You would want in your Pet First Aid Kit the following YL products:
- Animal Scents Ointment
- Animal Scents Shampoo
- V-6 Massage Oil
- Bandages, scissors, tweazers, cotton guaze pads, cotton balls, and any other supplies for the special needs of your pet
Using YL Essential Oils on Animals
(excerpts from the Essential Oils Desk Reference)
Young Living essential oils have been used very successfully on many different kinds of animals from kittens to 2,000- pound draft horses. Animals generally respond to essential oils in much the same way as humans do.
Where to Apply Essential Oils to Animals
For non-ungulate animals (not having hooves) such as dogs or cats, oils (neat or diluted) can be applied to paws for faster absorption. For hoofed animals, sprinkle a few drops on the spine or flanks and massage them in. Also apply on the gums, tongue, or underneath the top lip; also apply on the frog and cornet bands of hooves. These are all good locations for oils to be applied to cows, horses, etc. (all animals with hooves). Oils can also be applied to auricular points of the ears.
When treating large animals for viral or bacterial infection, arthritis, or bone injury, generally use the same oils and protocol recommended for humans.
How Much Should I Use?
Most animals are even more sensitive to the effects of the oils than humans. They often seem to have a natural affinity to the healing influence of the oils. Adjust dosage proportionately, based on body weight. If the protocol for a human being ( at about 160 lbs.) calls for 3-5 drops, then a horse (at 1600 lbs. or more) could use as much as 10 times that amount, while a dog (at 16 lbs.) would need as little as one tenth that amount.
Generally speaking, if you have never put oils on an animal before, you should start carefully, applying them only to the feet, paws, or hooves (on the frog and cornet bands) at first. In the case of cats and small dogs, YL essential oils should ALWAYS be diluted before applying, because they are actually MORE sensitive to the biochemicals in the oils than humans.
Be careful to avoid high phenol oils, such as oregano and thyme, on cats because they can be extremely sensitive to these stronger oils. Citrus oils are another you might want to avoid around cats too). They should only be used in high rates of dilution (90%) and the diluted oil should only be applied to the paws (Note: one drop in your palm for medium to large dogs and rub your palms on paws is usually plenty).
• For small animals: (cats and small dogs) Apply 3-5 drops DILUTED (80-90%) oil mixture per application.
• For larger animals: (large dogs) Apply 3-5 drops NEAT (dilute if using oils high in phenol) per application.
• For large animals: (cattle and horses) Apply 20-30 drops NEAT (dilute if using oils high in phenol) per application.
Testimonail on Using YL Oils with Dog
Dog with Severe Arthritis
Kim Bloomer, co-author of Whole Health for Happy Dogs shares what she did to help her dog, Shadrach (a 125 pound Neo Mastiff), after he was diagnosed with severe arthritis in his hips and elbows:
“I was told by both my dog’s vets (holistic and traditional) that he would never run again and that the best I could do is alleviate his pain…So I put together a protocol I have used diligently for two months now and my dog is running, playing and acting like a puppy again!”
- Raw meat & bones twice a day with one drop Longevity oil blend added in the morning, and one drop Di-Gize oil blend added with the evening meal (both blends from Young Living).
- One ounce of Ningxia Red Juice (from Young Living) per day.
- One MultiGreen capsule (from Young Living) per day.
- Fish oil daily, Omega Blue (from Young Living).
- One Traumeel tablet (homeopathic/herbal remedy from Shadrach’s vet) per day (for pain)
- Two BLM capsules (from Young Living) per day
- One serving of Sulfurzyme Powder (from Young Living) per day.
- Weekly Raindrop Technique Therapy (kit available through Young Living).
“I also use a variety of essential oils on his hips and elbows which include (I switch them around) Panaway blend, Aroma Siez blend, Valor blend (essential oil blends from Young Living Essential Oils), cypress essential oil, clove essential oil, wintergreen essential oil, and pine essential oil.”
“But the crowning glories that have brought me back my youthful puppy though are these two (and if I had to give all the others up, I’d keep these two…and the Ningxia Red):”
ImmuPower (essential oil blend from Young Living) “…this most wonderful smelling essential oil blend I apply along his spine and hips twice a day. I don’t use as much of the other oils now that I have this one…”
- ImmuPro (capsule from Young Living) “One day of giving Shadrach this tablet and he was bouncing around like a puppy the very next day. Prior to that he was maintaining but not youthful.”
dino patti djalal biografi
biografi tentang ibnu sina
letjen tni marciano norman
Sinbad raised no protest in the control cabin, nor in the private cabins of the officers thereabouts. Skoro powie cieszy si uznaniem, nie mwi nic nowego i daje publicznoci to, czego ona ju oczekiwaa.
biografi tokoh bung hatta
biografi ilmuwan di duniacontoh karangan biografi ibu sayabiografi honami suzuki
biografi ilmuwan muslim pada masa abbasiyah
biografi seniman pelukis indonesia
biografi paus yohanes paulus ke ii
biografi pengusaha aburizal bakrie
sigurd evensmo biografi
biografi pangeran diponegoro in english
zainal arifin mochtar biografi
zayn malik one direction
biografi singkat susilo bambang yudhoyonocustom mouldings chicago
She feverishly chopped off a chunk and forced it into her mouth.
biografi agama vino g. bastian
biografi pengusaha aburizal bakrie
biografi lengkap raden saleh
biografi imam ibnu katsirbiografi ustadz yusuf mansyur
yoon seung hyunbiografi bibit slamet rianto
contoh penulisan biografi dalam bahasa inggris
biografi lengkap raden saleh
contoh biografi ibu kartini
tokoh pengusaha sukses di indonesia
biografi nik aziz nik mat
biografi agama mario teguh
prof. yohanes surya
biografi ricardo kaka in englishbiografi zoro one piecebiografi mang udjo ngalagena
inge aicher scholl biografi
presiden soekarno wikipedia
biografi muhammad jawad mughniyah
biografi agama mario teguhbiografi alexander randy angianto
biografi perdana menteri malaysia keenam
nani manchester united
contoh karangan tentang ibu
contoh pribadielectric megaphone speaker
biografi dan karya raden saleh
biografi singkat mochtar lubismari elka pangestu
zack de la rocha
biografi mohammad rasyid ridha
perdana menteri malaysia-keempatDog with Pain and Arthritis
“My 14 year old dog ( shepherd / lab mix) was having a hard time walking down the stairs and just getting around (due to arthritis). She was not as lively and even her bark was diminishing. She is arthritic in her hind legs but she is not on any medicine. I had a holistic vet give her acupuncture treatments as well as herbs and vitamins for dogs. It made a small difference but not enough to see her energetic spirit come back. I started to use the Young Living essential oils only and she now has a very strong “life force” and much more energy as well as no problem walking down the stairs! She is the spunky dog she always was and although she is 14 she is happy and has a spring to her step!! The oils I use on her are: PanAway, Spruce, Balsam Fir, Lavender, and Lemongrass. I apply them on her hind legs, upper back and the pads of her back feet. She loves them and looks forward to me applying them!!! Generally I apply them 2X a day.” ~ Maria
Cat with Liver Cancer
In 2001, my 10 year old cat Kodiak was displaying the same symptoms his sister had displayed before dying from liver cancer two months earlier. His symptoms consisted of losing 7 lbs. (half of his weight), very lethargic – vs. usually playing throughout the day, and his fur lost all shine. Needlesstosay, I was very distraught and decided to try natural methods vs. traditional veterinary methods.
I added 1 Tbsp. of Young Livings’s Berry Young Juice (now called NingXia Red) per day to Kodiak’s organic cat food. In addition, I applied the oil blend Di-Gize to his paws mixed with a small amount of olive oil three times per week to help cleanse and detoxify chemicals out of his colon and liver.
Within one month Kodiak’s fur had regained its shine, his energy level was incredibly high, and he also regained all 7 lbs. of his weight. His health has been wonderful ever since with absolutely no sign of disease.
As a part of weekly maintenence, I give both of my cats 1 tsp. of BYJ 2 times per week added to their organic food along with applying Di-tone two-three times per week to their paws. I have found Young Living oils and supplements to greatly support my cats health.” ~ Connie J.
Tips on Performing Raindrop Technique on Horses
Although many veterinarians have developed their own variations on this technique, the simplicity of this procedure is what makes it effective. Raindrop Technique for horses is similar to that for humans except that there must be practical modifications because of the difference in size and shape of the patient.
Trying to exactly duplicate the human-version of Raindrop Technique on animals is not advised.
Apply 6 drops of Valor to the tailbone (the base of the tail where it connects with the spine). Then place one hand on the withers and the other on the tailbone and hold for 5 minutes. There is no difference energetically, whether you use your right or left hand in these spots. Once the horse relaxes (i.e., drops its head and eyelids droop) the procedure can start.
- Do not spend too much time stroking the horse’s spine. Usually three repetitions is sufficient
- Avoid dripping oils on the hair of the horse’s spine and stroking them in. You will be stroking against the grain of the hair and oil will be flicked off the spine rather than rubbed in. (This is not so important with animals with fine hair).
- Once you make contact with the animal you are applying oils, never break it.
- Don’t work on the animal with multiple partners.
- Raindrop Technique is more effective when only one pair of hands makes continuous contact with the animal because: 1) The energy stays the same. 2) Animals get skittish when two or more people touch them at the same time.
How To Apply the Raindrop Technique on Horses
- Where feasible, shave the spine area for direct application of the oil (you will use less oil).
- If shaving is not feasible, stand the hair up and part it; then drip the oil down through the hair so the oil contacts the spine. Hold the oil six inches above the spine as you drop it in.
- For coarse-haired animals stroke in the oils using small, circular motions, working from the base of the tail to the shoulders of the spine.
- For fine-haired animals, stroke in oils using regular Raindrop Technique straight-strokes
- Spend enough time massaging to get oils down into the skin and not sitting on top of the hair
When dripping the oils on spine, use:
- 12 drops on a draft horse
- 6 drops on a saddle horse
- 3-4 drops on a miniature horse, Shetland or Welch pony
Additional Tips for Raindrop with Horses
Carefully use your fingertips and thumb tips to perform Vita Flex along the auricular points of the ear. Be gentle. If you inflict a little discomfort, the horse will distrust you and pull away. Stretching the spine is problematic in horses, so instead place one hand over the tail, the other hand on the withers and focus moving the energy along the spine. Rubbing oils around the coronet band will allow them to reach the bloodstream and travel through the nerves in the legs to the spine.
Drip Marjoram and Aroma Siez into the hair of the outside muscles away from the spine and rub in with a larger circular motion massages. (Idaho tansy, Bay Laurel or Melrose–which are anti-inflammatory, anaesthetic, insect-repelling, relaxing and healing– can also be used). This is important because horses used for packing, riding, or working have extra stress to the spine and muscles in the back.
Avoid having two people working on opposite sides of the horse at the same time. No two people’s energy are the same and this produces an energetic imbalance.
Use a stool (mounting block) to reach both sides of the spine without having to break contact, potentially creating tension in the animal.
Some people mistakenly believe that if they don’t have all the oils in the Raindrop kit, they can’t do a raindrop. One does not need to apply every single oil to have an effective treatment. You can perform an excellent, beneficial Raindrop procedure with one oil, if that’s all you have. Using just oregano and thyme or even Idaho tansy can produce excellent results. Similarly, Melrose, tea tree, mountain savory, or bay laurel can also be used.
Q: Is it OK to stroke oils down off the hips and down the legs?
Q: Is it OK to put a hot towel on the spine?
A: Yes, it is recommended. Following a raindrop, you can apply a saddle blanket then a horse blanket and leave the animal standing in the stall. Usually after about 10 minutes they will lie down and go to sleep.
Testimonials with Horses
“We had to load 9 un-brocken stubborn horses onto a truck on the weekend. I used Lavender, Valor and Aroma Seiz on the inner lips, forehead and back. It settled them down, sometimes to the point of going to sleep. The horse trainer was amazed!” ~ Iain C.
Horse with Colic
After I got home from Ecuador my husband Blaine and I went riding and during the ride I noticed my horse starting to sweat and I thought that was funny as they usually don’t do that unless we have traveled a good distance and we hadn’t. She tried to turn around and go back but I just thought she was being lazy. Soon she laid down in trail with me on her. I got off right away and we checked to see if the cinch was to tight and it wasn’t so we knew right away it was colic.
We had a hard time in getting her up and the she would just lay back down. I have had horses with colic before and they would want to lay down but we could keep them up, not her. By the time we got back to the horse trailer she had laid down 4 times. As soon as we got her in the trailer she laid down and tried to roll. There was just no way to keep her up she was in so much pain.
When we got home Di-Gize to the recue as soon as we could get her out of the trailer. I put 20 drop of Di-Gize in her bottom lip. Blaine walked her around but she would not stay up . She would only go a few feet and down she would go. I gave her some more Di-Gize and she passed gas and had two bowel movements but she would still lay down. I had never seen a horse so sick as she was.
We would not have given two cent for her then because we thought for sure she wouldn’t make it, she was so bad. We kept making a circle in our driveway with her and again she got another dose of Di-Gize. I took over and she laid down with me and rolled I could not stop her and then she rolled back and just laid there with her eyes closed. After about 10 minutes she jumped up and started eating like nothing had happened to her.
biografi ahmad yani ppp
biografi fatmawati soekarno putri
biografi singkat aburizal bakrie
biografi orang sukses dari nolbiografi misbach yusa biran
biografi sastrawan mochtar lubisbiografi widodo c putra
biografi khalifah umar bin khattab
biografi pengusaha sukses di indonesia
yusril ihza mahendra biografischmidt bender zenith scope
biografi mang udjo bahasa sunda
biografi pahlawan tuanku imam bonjol
biografi ahmad fuadi negeri 5 menara
henrik ibsen kortbiografi menteri kehutanan zulkifli hasan
biografi pahlawan revolusi wikipediabiografi junus effendi habibie
biografi honami suzuki
biografi mustafa lutfi al manfaluthi
biografi abdul malik bin marwan
biografi dan karya raden saleh
agama vino g. bastianbiografi fatmawati soekarno putri
biografi af ludvig holbergbiografi saung mang udjobiografi pahlawan nasional tuanku imam bonjol
contoh karangan biografi ibu saya
syaikh abdul aziz bin abdullah bin bazmegawati soekarno putribiografi af peter mouritzen
biografi sayyidina ali bin abi thalibmy kitten bony
biografi zoro one piece
biografi orang sukses dalam wirausaha
biografi tentang gayus tambunan
buku biografi chairul tanjung
My rooftop apartment, for example, was full of clothes which did not fit me. Well, we did the spells, sure, but just as an exercise.
buku biografi one directionbiografi ibnu sina wikipedia
contoh penulisan biografi dalam bahasa inggris
susilo bambang yudhoyono
l'arc en ciel wikipediaI could not believe it. Her Pluse was 60 then. I didn’t check it before but it kept coming down and she drank two and half gallons of water. Later she drank all the five gallons we gave and went on eating. We put her out to pasture and watched her the rest of the night. She never had anymore problems.
So yes, thank God for the Essential oils. Again this is the 7th time they have saved one of my horses life. When checking the pluse on a horse it’s normal around 30 and a little above so you will know they are stressed if it higher then that.” ~ Nancy S.
Get Young Living Essential Oils Here
Other articles of interest:
Peppermint Oil as a Squirrel and Rodent Repellant
Essential Oils that Control Garden Insect Pests
Study – DEET and Terpenoids Smell Bad to Mosquitoes
67 Ways to Use Essential Oils for Beginner’s